I’ve been working as a freelancer for nearly six years now – and it’s a career move that’s changed the way I balance work against the rest of my life. As someone who came from a very corporate background, I was used to the idea of a regular salary, company benefits and the security of being an employee in a big organisation. But going freelance has been a revelation.
As a freelancer I can:
- Get in control of my life and career
- Work with a real variety of interesting clients
- Manage my income and finances more directly.
Read my Xero guest blog post
If you fancy a deeper dive into the benefits of freelancing – and how cloud accounting technology has helped me to manage my finances – you can read lots more in my Xero guest post.
Going Freelance: Building Work Around Your Life
If you’d like to start achieving the benefits of a more flexible career, where YOU are in control of your destiny, then now’s the time to start.
My new book, ‘Going Freelance: Building Work Around Your Life’, is a comprehensive guide for anyone setting out on the freelance journey. Each chapter gives you the simple, easy-to-follow tips you need, with clear advice on how to set up your own freelance business.
The book explains how to:
- Understand the Benefits (And Challenges) Of Going Freelance
- Ensure You Have The Right Experience And Skills
- Make The Jump And Get Started
- Know Why You’re In Business
- Find Your First Customer
- Market Your Brand And Services
- Choose Where To Work
- Join The Freelance Community
- Build On Your Client Relationships
- Manage Your Workload
- Manage Your Numbers
- Get Paid On Time
- Pursue A Good Work/life Balance
- Get Started As A Freelancer